Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Vote_lcapMourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Voting_barMourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Vote_lcapMourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Voting_barMourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 am

Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Rlm4j7

"Manae..." His body was kneeled before the headstone, head down and staring at the name chiseled into the rough-hewn stone. His body shook in the cold of the evening, and raindrops were falling onto his neck and down to his back. There was no body in the grave--they had not found a body, so there wasn't even a confirmation that Manae was dead. Yet Daigoro knew not to cling to false hope. There was no chance that she was alive--he had watched the creature snap her neck. It had been over for him from that moment, and he knew not what he could do now. Here he was, still hung up over the death of this woman. Still stuck in blaming himself for not being able to save her. Still unsure if he could protect himself--or anyone else, for that matter. He bit his bottom lip and sucked in a deep breath, running a finger over the cracks and crevices of the sign, staring at it for a few more seconds as if something were going to change just by his watching it. "Manae... I don't know what I can do. I can work on my day-to-day life, but it doesn't feel right. I miss you, and I should try to stop. But I don't know how. I... can't seem to quit these thoughts." He let out a long breath and got to his feet, flicking the umbrella up on top of his shoulder and opening it up. It made a strange metallic noise as it opened, but it still shielded him from the rain. His black Shinigami uniform was soaked through, and he felt it in his bones. Turning away from the grave, he let out another long breath and started to wander back towards the Rukongai. He required sustenance of some kind--preferably something hot. Therefore, he said a mental goodbye to his lost love and made his way through the rain.

After about five minutes of walking, he made it into one of the richer districts of Rukongai. It was here that he'd discovered a small tavern. It wasn't particularly out-of-the-way, but it certainly wasn't in plain sight, either. He found his peace here, as well as some bloody good food and drink. Walking through the door, he immediately felt the warmth wash over his body, drying him out a little already. The umbrella was closed and flicked to his side, the water on it dissipating without question. A man behind the counter turned, and recognizing the customer, waved out to him and motioned towards the bar. "Usual, Dai." He smiled and nodded, putting the umbrella on his waist and taking a seat, looking at the wooden finish of the bar and closing his eyes momentarily. They were opened again to the sound of a plate and mug being placed upon the surface, and when he looked he could see what would be called his 'usual'. While he was Japanese in descent, there were a few Western dishes that he had tried and fallen in love with--this one, specifically, was only found in this particular tavern. It was known as 'Eggs Benedict', a couple of pieces of sourbread, toasted and topped with egg, spinach and salmon. The mug beside it had a particularly interesting brew of beer that he'd only ever found in this tavern. Apparently the bartender brewed it himself. He looked up to the bartender and then around behind himself, seeing that he was alone in this place--save for the staff. "Slow day, Mac?" The tender, known now as Mac, just grunted. Dai chuckled quietly and dug in, dropping a few coins onto the bar and getting another grunt from Mac. Yeah, yeah.

Last edited by Dai on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 am

Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Header2_zpsac937a0f

"Captain... We found him." Kaminari raised her head from the desk and looked up to a young woman holding a clipboard, "He's currently in the Rukongai, visiting a grave. If you go now, you'll catch him on time." Kaminari stood up and placed her Zanpakutō at her side, receiving a certain person's location from the girl. She picked up a file from on her desk, said nothing and stepped out of her office. She looked sick; her hair wasn't as tidy as it usually was her, her eyes were dull, her skin was pale, and her Captain's haori slid off her left shoulder. Her reluctance to fix these things only showed how bad it really was. Kaminari was defeated. One thing lead to another, and now this. She made her way out of the office and shunpo'd on until she came to the gate. She only had to wait a bit until it was opened, too lazy to open it herself, and then continued on her way into the Rukongai. Soon, she would find the man that she had been looking for.

And there he was. It took about three minutes because she was being a little lax with her shunpo on the way here. There was something that she had to ask him and it wasn't something she was going to enjoy, neither of them would. She sat on top of a roof and watched him as he began making his way back toward the Rukongai. She kept herself hidden the entire time, forcing her energy down. He didn't notice her, good. She wasn't sure whether she was ready or not. He was a long time friend; she didn't want to hurt him. She watched him walk along and enter a bar. She hopped down from the top of the building she was on and stepped toward the bar. Ignoring the shocked stares from the people around, Kaminari stared at the bars entrance for a while and then finally walked in. Looking around, she saw Dai sitting at and then noticed the bartender. She realized that there was not any one else in the place, immediately questioning it's product.

Stepping up to a spot beside Dai, Kaminari sat down next to him. Behind her, a few extra people entered the bar, but were obviously just lookie loos trying to see the Captain. There was a time that Kaminari welcomed attention like this, but not anymore. Instead, she ignored it. "Hey, Ito." she spoke up after a few moments, setting the file to her right side since he was currently on her left, "What are you doing way out here?" As if she didn't know; she was told that he was visiting a grave. There was little doubt over who that was, though that made this entire situation worse. Glancing over to the file, she flipped it so there was no information showing and then sighed. "Bartender..." she spoke up with another sigh, realizing how much she had been drinking lately, "If you don't mind... make me something nice. I don't care what it is, just something." Anyone who knew her knows she never drank, but lately she seemed to be developing a problem.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:53 am

As engrossed in his food as he was, he really didn't notice much of his surroundings at the time. Instead, all he really heard was the clinking of metallic utensils against a ceramic plate, cutting up the bread and salmon and eggs and putting them into his mouth. After a few good mouthfuls were swallowed, he reached over and picked up the mug of beer, letting the liquid slide down his throat and refresh him, breathing out and letting a soft smile cross his face. It was times like this that he really appreciated--nothing to remind him of bad times, just moments where he could peacefully eat and let his mind rest. The sound of falling rain pitter-pattered upon the roof of the building, creating a soft melody in the background. He let out a long breath, finally noticing that there was another person making their way over to sit beside him. Normally, he would've shied away--but he immediately recognized the short woman, with brown hair and soft features. It wasn't too often that one of the Captains approached him, though this one he expected. "Aye-ya. Today, of all days?" "Hey, Ito." He sighed softly, not really making too many sudden movements. He would still continue to slowly eat and drink, having a little bit more of his fill before finally responding to her with a soft, weak smile. "Hey, Kaminari. Been what, six months now? How're you?"

"What are you doing way out here?" He raised an eyebrow and turned back to his food, continuing to eat it until the plate was finally empty. He carefully and deliberately placed both utensils down beside each other and pushed the plate aside--Mac would quickly pick it up and take it away. There were a few reasons he came to this pub. Mcanally's Pub was one of the few spiritually-neutral places in the Soul Society. While most other places would show off power without any rhyme or reason, this place was designed to filter spiritual power and create a hum of atmosphere that equalized the feeling that everyone gave off. While each person still had a unique aura, there were no more auras that were, to say the least, overpowering. He let out a long breath and finally spoke again, "You've known me long enough to know why I'd be out here, on today of all days. It's been fifteen years. Figured I'd at least visit her." He smiled softly, shaking his head, "It's probably time for me to get over her, but I haven't figured out how to yet."

"Bartender... If you don't mind... make me something nice. I don't care what it is, just something." Mac grunted, and Dai raised his head a little, "Oi, Mac. Put it on my tab. Get her one of the brews." He grunted again, almost in affirmation, and then brought back two large steins with the liquid inside. When she first took a drink, Kaminari would note it to not be chilled at all, and seem to taste better for it. "On the house. You know why." Mac had been good to him. Even if he spoke almost no words, he still listened when Dai needed an ear. And sometimes, that was all a man needed. When he had given himself a couple of seconds to collect himself, he turned towards Kaminari and gave her a soft, if worried, smile.

"You... sought me out for a reason, didn't you? It would've been easy enough for you to come to find me at the Seventh Barracks if you wanted to catch up. Six months doesn't exactly harm a friendship. So... what's the story?" He sighed softly, looking at her with an expression of worry that had left his mouth and moved completely to his face. He was confused, worried, but also a little glad to see another friendly face.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:38 am

It took a bit of self control not to smack him on the back of his head with this first comment. She already felt bad enough coming here on this day, so she didn't need his complaining. Still, she greeted him and sat down casually. "Hey, Kaminari. Been what, six months now? How're you?" Yeah, it's been somewhere along that timeline. She sighed  and just shook her head no to answer his question. How the hell was she going to explain everything that had been going on? Toja? Sascha? Tsubine? Yeah, it wasn't something that she was going to talk about right now. Not with her fourth problem sitting right next to her. And of course, out of all the questions she could have asked, she asked that. She knew why he was out here and he knew that she knew. "You've known me long enough to know why I'd be out here, on today of all days. It's been fifteen years. Figured I'd at least visit her." She sighed again, fighting the urge to smack herself. "It's probably time for me to get over her, but I haven't figured out how to yet." Kaminari shook her head. "There is no getting over what happened, Dai. There is only acceptance..."

Kaminari was going to need a drink to get through this. She could feel the knot in her stomach growing the longer she sat next to him. She ordered something, anything really, receiving a grunt as a reply. "Oi, Mac. Put it on my tab. Get her one of the brews." She sighed again, "Thanks." Once her drink came, she smiled and nodded to Mac and looked down to it. "The hell is this?" she thought. "On the house. You know why." Mac said and Kaminari looked to Dai, wondering what that could have meant. She assumed it was about... well, the reason he was even in this area right now, so she chose to leave it alone and take a drink of this strange beverage. Swallowing, she coughed quietly and shook her head, as if to shake of the sensation of it going down her throat. "You... sought me out for a reason, didn't you? It would've been easy enough for you to come to find me at the Seventh Barracks if you wanted to catch up. Six months doesn't exactly harm a friendship. So... what's the story?"  She turned to him and stared for a bit, but soon turned away.

Kaminari downed the drink. Within a second of her second drink, it was gone. She set it on the bar and turned toward him. She almost couldn't look him in the eyes. "Captain Koenig was hurt." she said bluntly and took in a deep breath, "We were fooled into entering the far end of the Rukongai, just outside the town by an Arrancar." Kaminari froze and looked away again. She turned to look toward the other customers, who she was unaware that practically followed her in and would not come close to her. She was a sideshow attraction at this point. Ignoring them though, she leaned into the bar and a bit closer to Dai to prevent other people from hearing what she was saying. "The Arrancar was a woman... with the name Lasciel. Do you recognize it?" Kaminari asked and dragged the file over. She flipped it and set it in front of him. She knew he'd recognize the name on that, since, you know... it was his late wife's file.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:39 am

Apparently things were really not going that well, as Dai watched Kaminari down two drinks in the space of thirty seconds. He scratched the back of his head, looking down at the bar as his eyes wandered towards the file that she had at her side. He was curious as to what it was, and he assumed that it involved whatever Kaminari was coming to tell him about. "Captain Koenig was hurt." He frowned a little; he'd heard stories about Captain Koenig that involved her being a damn good fighter in general, so just hearing that a Captain was hurt in something already worried him. However, he wasn't exactly sure why it would involve him. He was generally just a third seat--nothing new, nothing special. We were fooled into entering the far end of the Rukongai, just outside the town by an Arrancar." He tilted his head to the side and looked at her a bit more intently, realizing now that she was avoiding his gaze. "Kaminari..." She was looking at the other customers behind her now, still trying to avoid him. This was, above all else, a rather worrying thing. He sighed softly and looked back at his own drink, lifting it up to his lips and downing the last of it.

"The Arrancar was a woman... with the name Lasciel. Do you recognize it?" He opened one eye and put the stein down, frowning intently. "Barely. That was a name that the Espada who killed my wife said once or twice. Probably his Fraccion." Shaking his head a bit, he tapped the table. "Never saw her face, though. Wh--" He was interrupted by her sliding the file over in front of him. His eyes narrowed as he recognized the name, and he turned towards Kaminari, ready to shout--but then took his time to slow down. "You come to me, on the anniversary of my wife's death, and ask me about a woman who may have her face? They never found Manae's body, you know." He sighed, looking at the file with a frustrated expression. "You had my interest, and now you have my attention. You think they're here after me, do you?"
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 4:08 am

"Kaminari..." Kaminari winced at him saying her name. Do not do that; do not even utter a syllable of her name right now. She felt guilty enough and the only way she was going to be able to get through this was to have this be treated like it was a formal meeting. The fact that she was doing this to a friend was tearing her apart. The tough Kaminari was no way near as tough as people around the Gotei thought she was; he would know that. She continued on with what she was telling him, not able to look him in the eye at this point. "Barely. That was a name that the Espada who killed my wife said once or twice. Probably his Fraccion." he said, tapping the table. With every tap she felt herself tense up even more. He was angry with her and she couldn't blame him. "Never saw her face, though. Wh--" Kaminari slid the file toward him and when she saw that look on his face, she panicked. For a moment, Kaminari was afraid of the results of what she had just done. She should never have brought this up to him, especially on this day.

"You come to me, on the anniversary of my wife's death, and ask me about a woman who may have her face? They never found Manae's body, you know." She nodded. It was all she could do to reply. Even if her expression was kept void of most negative emotion, it was obvious that she was very uncomfortable with this conversation. "You had my interest, and now you have my attention. You think they're here after me, do you?" She nodded again, "I do." Kaminari closed her eyes for a moment and took a very big breath, slowly letting it out. She would have to explain further. "She lured two Captains out to the Rukongai and gave us her name. There was no way she felt she could fight both of us; that would have been a stupid idea." Kaminari kept her gaze to the bar, her eyes narrowed in anger, frustration, and worry, "She wanted us to spread her name... She wanted to catch your attention, so I thought it'd be smarter if you heard it from me, not from someone else." As she talked, she kept her head lowered, unsure and afraid of what his reaction toward all of this was going to be. Part of her thought she was soon going to regret all of it.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:40 am

"I do." Well, it was official. Today had not only taken a turn for the worse, it had also become one of those days that Dai really had wished he'd never woken up for. Taking another long swig of beer from the next stein he was handed, Daigoro decided to take about fifteen seconds to let things sink in. As far as he knew right now, there was an Arrancar by the name of Lasciel in the Soul Society. This much was true. However, according to Kaminari, her face was the face of his late wife, Manae. If this itself was true, then things were a bit more than worrisome. At this point in time, there were two possibilities. His wife was dead and this woman was just wearing her face, or this woman was his actual wife, in some way or another. "She lured two Captains out to the Rukongai and gave us her name. There was no way she felt she could fight both of us; that would have been a stupid idea." He nodded, still listening and thinking about the situation. "No point in fighting two Captains at once. However, no point in revealing yourself to one Captain either. It's easy enough to make up a tale if you're alone, not as easy when you have another witness to back up your story. She chose well." He rubbed his temples lightly, shaking his head.

It was a lot to take in, to be fair. He wasn't sure if he was even awake right now--for all he knew, he could be in some sadistic dream that his brain made up specifically to fuck with him. It'd be nice if that were the case, unfortunately. Instead, however, he had to deal with the fact that this was true, and happening right now. Right now there was a woman running around with his late wife's face. Right now there was a possible attack on the Soul Society being planned. This woman wanted him to know that she was in town--and for what reason? She wanted us to spread her name... She wanted to catch your attention, so I thought it'd be smarter if you heard it from me, not from someone else." He frowned more, nodding in response. "Yeah, I get you. Thanks... better that I be told, rather than simply finding out about her. It poses the question, though. Why would this woman take Manae's face? More specifically, I suppose, why would she come after me?" He spun on his chair, finally looking over at Kaminari and tilting his head to the side. "Even more so--why would she choose you? What memories does that woman have?"
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:40 pm

"Yeah, I get you. Thanks... better that I be told, rather than simply finding out about her. It poses the question, though. Why would this woman take Manae's face? More specifically, I suppose, why would she come after me?"

"Honestly, I assumed it was some sort of revenge."

"Even more so--why would she choose you? What memories does that woman have?"

"You don't know?" she raised an eyebrow at him. She assumed he would have some sort of idea as to why this Arrancar was coming after him. "The fact that she was desparate enough to find you to get the attention of a Captain shows that there is something there..." Kaminari continued after a short sigh, "Are you sure you don't remember? I hate to bring it up on this day of all days, but what happened back then?" Kaminari took her drink to her lips and completely downed the rest of it. She honestly didn't plan on staying too long. It was that day for him, so why would she stay here and interrupt him more? She had already thrown a whole bunch of disturbing information at him; she couldn't continue on bothering and ruining his day. She set the now empty glass back on the bar, more toward the other side. "You wan anymore?" Mac asked, but Kaminari just shook her head. "No thank you; I won't be staying." she stood up from her spot and turned toward Dai, "I'm sorry to drop all of this on you, drink, and run, but it needed to be done. Stop avoiding people, damn it. Only reason I was able to find you is because you never miss a year." Kaminari sighed again and stepped away. Before she fully walked out of the bar, she placed a hand on his back and pat it once. "I'll be seeing you." she said to him and then made her way out of the bar, returning to the Seireitei.

~Left Thread
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Her words irritated him. He wasn't specifically irritated with her, perse, it was just a bit overwhelming for him right now. To say the least, he was sitting here wanting to lash out at something in the hopes that maybe it'd wake him up from this feeling. Instead, he was left watching his own cup and wondering what he had done to deserve such a fate. "You don't know?" He tilted his head, looking back at her with an expression of worry. "The fact that she was desparate enough to find you to get the attention of a Captain shows that there is something there..." His expression turned into a frown, and he tapped the table with impatient fingers. "Are you sure you don't remember? I hate to bring it up on this day of all days, but what happened back then?" He breathed out and closed his eyes.

"I've said it before, I'll say it again. I have no memories of that day after the moment that Manae died. I simply know that the Arrancar was killed after I went unconscious, so I really don't know why this 'Lasciel' person would be coming after me. If anything, she should be going after the person who killed her Espada, right?" He furrowed his brow, shaking his head and sighing softly. Apparently, Kaminari was done, as she put down the cup and got to her feet, letting Mac know that she was done. "I'm sorry to drop all of this on you, drink, and run, but it needed to be done. Stop avoiding people, damn it. Only reason I was able to find you is because you never miss a year." His mouth curled up a little, but he just nodded as he felt a hand on his shoulder. "I'll be seeing you." As her hand left his back, he felt himself stumble a little and turned around, reaching out and calling to her.

"Kaminari," Whether or not she turned around to reply, he would finish speaking anyway, "Thank you, really. For bringing this to my attention. It would've been more painful if I hadn't heard it from you." He smiled softly and her and turned back to the bar, listening to her close the door behind her. He sighed softly, tapping the bar again and looking at Mac. "I'd stop avoiding people, but there's only one or two people not worth avoiding right now." He looked over at the rest of the patrons, shaking his head. "Sorta wish there were more, y'know?"

{Conditional Closure; If someone wants to join, they are welcome to.}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]   Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mourning Rain and a Good Meal [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: New Horizons :: Soul Society :: Rukongai-
Jump to: