Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
A New Change - Page 2 Vote_lcapA New Change - Page 2 Voting_barA New Change - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
A New Change - Page 2 Vote_lcapA New Change - Page 2 Voting_barA New Change - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
A New Change - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
A New Change - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

A New Change

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

A New Change - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Actually, I have something to suggest when it comes to increasing their power.
I suggest reworking the Tier system a little more. My idea was to keep the current 'numbers' (0-5, 1-3, etc.), but set an actual maximum. Organization leaders and other rare cases otherwise would have the highest maximum tier allowed on approval—0-5. Besides those cases, the highest would be 1-1. Any higher? You work for it only.
Back to top Go down
https://newhorizon.rpg-board.net
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra
Fuji Ren

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Honestly, I've never complained about there not being any sort of conflict because there's cases of conflict gone right and Conflict gone wrong(PH). I love battles because of what I enjoy, and don't speak for the wes. I love drama, but I have nearly next to no romantic pairing whatsoever. Story and Drama are correct though, so I see what you mean.

And again, it does feel like a slap in the face that you won't be staying here since you made a whole lot of suggestions on radical change for Sugiura here on NH, but I accept your decision to leave, and I'm thinking I might try to go and make a site where I can live out the battle-drama type stuff I like, if NH becomes.... well, not a site anymore. I've needed a second site for a long time, anyway.

I'll reply with more later.

Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 pm

@ Tsubine

That sounds fine to me. It was something we had said was a thing a long time ago, but it was never made official and people didn't stick to it anyway. Though, I do not agree with a 0-5 being the maximum for Org Leaders or other "rare" cases. That's something we'll have to talk about in DEPTH for quite a while if that's changing.

@ Agito

It's not a slap in the face. At All.

And as I said in the Sugiura post I was PUSHED to post there, so don't use my reply to that as anything but the fact that I didn't want to because of how I felt and other people told me to. So if anyone slapped you in the face, it was them, not me.

And @ the lack of pairing thing... You have no completed characters, are technically not active, and haven't RP'd in months... If you want one, you need to get active and work for it. You can't expect people to plan things over and over again, get nothing in return, and then to still just have it there when you're finally ready to get working. It's not fair to them.

I have no problem starting up plots, getting as many pairings as I possibly can, and RPing like crazy with you, but you just don't do it. If you want to go make a new site, then go on ahead and I hope it goes well. But you have to actually role play and put a hell of a lot of work into it. The biggest part, is that you have to complete that work and complete it in a way that other people can also enjoy. If not, it won't go very far.
Back to top Go down
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra
Fuji Ren

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Yes it is, and saying that you were pushed there while being valid, could have really even been you telling that person that I don't make Sugiura, so I don't want to. The thread was for people that had a general interest/still invested in THIS site, that wanted to make a Sugiura but couldn't as everything was to bland. Everyone, at least in my opinion, will go to that new site because there won't be anything here.

You might act as if when this new site is created and you go there, that we'll stay here, but it's like a whole structure because of the lower member base, so if you go, it's down to what, four people, and you have story here with those others, so they will follow you. I wouldn't have made that thread if you posted this one, so I'm disappointed in the timing of it all. It's a pet peeve of mine. Where my hope is boosted up, and it gets brought back to earth, and that's how this situation is.

And you misunderstand me... to an extent. @ what I meant by romance. Romance is something I love but honestly, don't put a strong focus on in the grand scheme of things. I do believe you would do everything you said, but that's the thing. This site will ultimately be a creation between you and Tsubine, which means there will be new rules, new procedures, and I realized, nerfing things I might not want in my own characters. I'm willing to put in work... and I've got my muse back, but all this change, from site to site, I realize but didn't pay too much attention last night, is just weight on my concious. New stories are good but in the end, I just don't think i'd be able to enjoy a straight-forward Bleach site, even if I like what was presented for humans.

So that's my opinion on that.
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Oiii, oi. I'm stepping in here as an admin and saying to get back on subject. I don't want this to turn into a fight. I was the one who mainly pushed her into posting that, even though she said she didn't want to.
If y'all wanna talk more about that, do it in PC or something.
On the subject of, well, the thread subject:
I vote to stay with forummotion. Although Zetaboards might have more functions, FM is something we've stayed with for a long-ass time, and it's easy to navigate.
Back to top Go down
https://newhorizon.rpg-board.net
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 5:09 pm

For the sake of my sanity... I am no longer posting in this. If it happens it happens. If it don't, it doesn't. Either way... Bye.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Alright, I might regret posting while I have a headache, but oh well. No time like the present.

1. Power-Levels. Some people don't like how insane powers have gotten in canon Bleach, but really... right until Judabach stormed the Soul King's palace, and even for the most part in there, seemed perfectly in line with the world before that. I want to say that lowering the POTENTIAL for power is a bad idea. Not letting someone start at 0-2 or 0-1 just because of an extensive app, though, is something I like - make people WORK. Write good threads, and you get rewarded. I don't want to START my fights throwing around meteors at the enemy like pebbles. But I sure as hell want to be able to do that if I prove myself time and time again in battle with my characters. Work for being badass, then be truly badass.
And note in the rules that the Soul King (who is more part of the settting and less character) has power equivalent to 0-0, i.e. can't be beaten by normal means. Godslaying plots are dumb. Yes, looking at you, Aizen and Judabach.

2. Stay on Forummotion, imo. Tiny tidbit, they don't actually give a shit about mature threads. From what I understand, zetaboards does. Both have it in their ToS, but the only important thing about that is which host actually acts on it. I know that you guys are perverts (I'm totally not one, no)!

3. I'll quote myself from my conversation with Agito I'm having while writing this.
"Make it Bleach. But make it good."
Use the under-utilized parts of Bleach, like Hollows being able to injure unseated or even seated officers if underestimated. Demi-Hollows are great plot hooks that were used precisely ONCE. Humans in the manga were never even close in power to Shinigami - throw that out of the window and set it on fire before.

Someone go and throw up a poll for it from staff. Best would be if Tsu did it, since he's actually our boss if we think about it. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Fuji Ren
Zarathustra
Fuji Ren

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:26 am

Even though I said I'd keep my head out of this thread until tension dies down, I'll just follow up with what I talked about with Tsubine. and Silim. I just want the transitioning to be natural, and if at all possible, keep some little things from NH(since let's be honest, if everyone goes to the other site, there is no point in remaining here as our memberbase here can be counted on a single hand. ) I don't want power levels to be where there can't be some fun, over-the-top, albeit, BALANCED battles and an equal playing field for all races there.  

Since, if this will be the last site we commit on, barring any unforeseen event, I'm ready to do it long term. My muse is at an all time high, I am ready to get back to reading for improvement, and make a few more strides before I move on one day.  I just want to be on a site where I feel like everything is fair, plots are well thought-out, and hey, if someone does make an antagonist(admin-accepted), have an enjoyable event for everyone where something is going on.  As I told Tsu, I love the terminology and concepts(especially those of the Shinigami) and the possibility of exploring some things that had potential in Bleach but ultimately left behind in favor of his more crazier creations.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm

Poll is up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Change   A New Change - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Change
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2