Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Vote_lcapCold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Voting_barCold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Vote_lcapCold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Voting_barCold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silim

Silim

Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:25 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

Within the bar of the Anseijima Resort, on a stool right up front, a weird figure could be seen - at least by those that had spiritual power, since this figure was a soul being. A soul being that was wearing a pass on her right wrist, and who had an ethereal appearance of white and beauty that just didn't seem to quite fit with a bar - thankfully, this resort had high standards, so she didn't stand out too much. This day was slowly going towards it's end - it was nearly 8 PM now - and the bar was slowly filling up. Many people looked quite weirded out at the glass filled with alcoholic beverage that seemed to sometimes lift itself up from the bar, then go back down, having lost a bit of the liquid within. Those that could actually see her would probably ask why someone was carrying a blade on the hip within a bar - but this figure was a Shinigami, so asking to remove the Zanpakutō would be akin to asking someone to remove their leg.

This young Shinigami at the bar was Weiss Nanaya, and, if you knew the right people, you'd also know that this woman was a notorious contracted killer. That was actually how she was paying for a stay at this resort - the money from the last person she had killed. She didn't ask about names, or reasons, for killing - just about how much someone was willing to pay. Better paying jobs were always a reason to worry - cheap jobs probably the result of someone either trying to save money, or of someone seeing contracted murder as their last option. Weiss was also notorious for taking the former on, but refusing the latter in almost all cases. The buisness of killing people wasn't a charity.

However, this resort wasn't the normal meeting place of killer and contractor. Really, for once, Weiss was here without searching for a new employer OR target - she was here to... well.. relax. In her own way, which meant as little actual human interaction as possible. Just listening to a bit of the music on the stage, drink some alcohol - not too much, she'd never intoxicate herself completely intentionally - her training made that impossible. Really, she was here for the music, not the drinks... But here she was, drinking some weird mixture of the house, which didn't taste too bad. Having a preference in taste was not something she had been allowed to have when she was still alive - but now, as a soul, she was free, and was also slowly developing tastes and likes. Quite odd, for someone who claimed to be emotionally dead.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Suzuka-ScriptMTBold_zps66469ea5

"Well, hey everybody!" a woman with a flattering figure, blue eyes, and short blue hair cheerfully hopped into the bar and waved around at them all, "I hope you're all enjoying your stay here at Anseijima! If you need anything, I am now on duty, so don't be afraid to ask, alright! Here if ya need me!" Suzuka gave a cute wink to a table she passed as she made her way through the bar and towards the back. Currently, she was wearing what looked to be a bathing suit with a lot of different fixtures. It could be easily compared to something you'd see in a children's cartoon. As she made her way to the back, she vanished from sight for a while. About three minutes later, she made her way out to the bar area and began cleaning up, doing her job. "Hey, Suzuka! I thought you managed the Cafe! How come you're here?" a regular customer shouted out in a friendly manner. Suzuka happily giggled a little and waved, "Oh, we're a little understaffed right now! And one of the temps just moved on to another job! So they asked me here! You know, it comes with the job."

Suzuka cleaned up what had been left behind, filled a few orders, and then noticed a beautiful young woman sitting quietly alone. Knowing it's not only part of her job, but slightly curious about her, Suzuka made her way over to the woman and tried starting up conversation. "Hello, miss. You enjoying your drink?" Suzuka asked, quieting her voice enough so that bar didn't hear her talking to this young woman. Sure, she could be loud normally, but when you're striking a one on one conversation, it was best to keep it that way. "If I may ask... Why is a woman as beautiful as yourself sitting here alone?" Suzuka said in as polite a way as she could, "I hope I don't cross any boundaries here, but someone as lovely as yourself should have a date with her, someone to show her around." As she talked, she received another order for a drink, but was able to fill it quickly. For someone who managed a cafe, Suzuka knew her way around a bar as well. Multi-talented some would call her, while she had just been working there for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

Well, that was new. Someone actively trying to talk to Weiss in this bar. Then again, if she actually went amongst people more often, this wouldn't be some kind of new thing to her. Weiss had not looked up when the girl came into the bar and started working - she had never learned how to care about what happened around her, as long as it didn't affect her directly. In other words, she was apathetic to the happenings all around herself nearly all the time. Being talked to still wasn't something she'd ignore, though... but it took Weiss a moment to answer. Mostly for the first part, because she had to really think about it. Was she 'enjoying' her drink? Well, it tasted arlight, was nice and cold, and generally felt good... That probably fit the bill of 'enjoying'. It was odd for someone to really think about it, but the only thing she'd outright say she could enjoy was music.

"Yes, the drink is good." she finally replied, without thanking for being asked - having the social skills of a piece of wood wasn't exactly helping, which also lead to the rather stilted way she was currently speaking. Articulating emotions went against everything that had been drilled into her head as a child. The light blue eyes of Weiss followed the young woman as she delivered orders and drinks around the bar - from that, the assassin was able to tell that this woman was used to working here. If she remembered her training right, then talking to guests was part of the job for people - there was no reason for Weiss to really make it outright difficult, then. She didn't hate talking, she was just bad at initiating conversation. Not that the girl made it especially easy to answer, because the mere idea of having a 'date' was ludicrous to Weiss.

"I'm not really in a... position for something like a date. Nor do I feel the need for one." With those words, Weiss emptied her glass and signaled the barkeep for a refill. Normally she took longer to finish a drink, but this question had actually startled her a bit. First of all, was she actually beautiful? Well, maybe. She couldn't be too bad looking, realisticially speaking, or getting close to targets wouldn't be that easy. But that was just what most people were... targets. Well, all besides him, but that had been quite a long time ago. And he was dead, anyway, much like Weiss herself.
"Is there really all that much I am missing by... enjoying... my time alone? I do not understand the fascination with romance that so many humans have." As her second drink arrived, Weiss downed half of it right away. Something about these thoughts was uncomfortable - feeling emotions was just baggage, after all.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 am

Suzuka was used to her job, yes, but she was also quite fond of it. Though she wasn't always happy to have to deal with the perverted and rowdy customers, she really did enjoy her job. Now, she was even talking to a beautiful young woman, though she wasn't sure what type of person she was yet. Usually she was able to tell rather quickly, but with this girl she wasn't. She answered in a manner that Suzuka wasn't sure whether she wanted to talk or not, but she was going to keep trying. "Well I'm glad the drink is to your liking!" Suzuka said with a cheerful smile before mentioning her not having a date. She took a few moments to answer, making Suzuka feel like maybe she should just leave her alone, but when the woman answered, Suzuka kept a smile on. With that answer, Suzuka felt she might understand a bit more. "Ahh... Are you a career woman? All about the work, maybe?" Suzuka said with a chuckle right after. What the woman said after actually shocked Suzuka a bit. As she was refilling her drink, since she was now the only barkeep around, Suzuka thought for a moment and set her drink down in front of her. Suzuka watched the woman drink down half of the glass already and just stood there in thought until she just shrugged.

"I assume it's natural... The idea of finding someone in this world, out of the billions of people out there... finding that one person, that one other human that wants you and only you is... well... sort of amazing." Suzuka grabbed another glass, filled it up, and slid it down towards another person who had just called out for another drink, "I mean think about it... Look around this room and see how many people are here? Each of them were born between the love of two people who came together, right? It's not a fascination with romance, but with love. Everyone loves different... I know people who've gotten together and truly love one another without doing the whole romantic thing. They just enjoy each other's company to the point that they've decided they won't be a part again... Isn't that something you'd want?" For a moment there, Suzuka really did feel like she was just rambling on. She, herself, was quite a romantic and loved the idea of finding that one person to hold, kiss, and love for just herself.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

[Weiss Nanaya]

"Career... I guess that would be one way of putting it. I work in a field that is quite... restrictive, and one in which personal relationships can easily get you killed." Weiss had no problem admitting just how dangerous her 'work' was, but she wouldn't blurt out directly that she was a killer for hire. Still, that sentence should give some perspective to Suzuka - Weiss was not in a position where a relationship was at all desireable. Her next words, though, confused Weiss quite a bit - and even irritated her. Love? What a ludicrous notion. Something as abstract as love - how could that even really exist?

"Love is not something I ever experienced personally." Just a dry statement, before Weiss finished her drink once more. She should really slow down on that intake... "I find the whole concept bewildering. Such a strong desire to spend time with someone, or an attachment to family, has never existed in my life." Closing her light blue eyes for a second, Weiss looked up at the ceiling.
"Human feelings are... hard to grasp. Even harder to analyze and understand properly. There is not much room for emotions in my field of... work." Weiss ordered yet another drink, before really looking at this girl for the first time properly. She seemed quite innocent and sweet - but neither of these things meant much to Weiss, because those were both traits often associated with targets, and held no real meaning to her otherwise.
"Suzuka, was it? Have you experienced 'love' before? I find the idea intriguing."
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:47 am

"Killed? Wow..." Suzuka blinked a couple times in shock. She felt a little awkward now. What the hell was this woman into that having a relationship could get her killed? With the many 'different' types of jobs out there, Suzuka could only wonder. At this point, it was her job to keep the one person that was sitting in the bar alone entertained. So by her job description, she was not to leave this woman's side unless asked to. So, she kept talking. She brought up the idea of love, but the woman seemed disinterested. Her reply confirmed the thought. "Never experienced? Hm... That... kinda sucks." Suzuka let a saddened expression appear on her face and glanced away for a moment, "It really isn't something for everyone, I guess... I just don't feel like I could live without it. Even smaller forms of love are powerful enough to keep me going... If I had none, I don't think I'd be here today." The woman began talking about analyzing and understanding. Suzuka sort of stared at her for a second. A few moments of thought passed as she listened to everything that this woman had to say. Just listening to her, Suzuka came to a realization.

"I see." was all she said at first, before taking in a deep breath. She was about to speak up when the woman spoke up. "Yep, that's me." she said in reply with a nod following. The question took her by surprise, but she couldn't help but lower her head at the answer. She shook her head no and sighed. "No... Not yet. I..." she took in another breath and sighed, "I wasn't the nicest person when I was young... I betrayed a lot of people for selfish reasons and in return got a horrible reputation and people stopped trusting me... I've been trying to do better, but... I guess my past is still... well... I don't know... In the way I guess? I've cared for people, but none have stuck around enough for me to fall in love."
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

The past had gotten in her way? Well, it seemed as if the two women had more in common than you'd think at first. Weiss' past wasn't just 'in the way', it was the sole reason for how little she understood human emotions and had such a hard time feeling them herself. It was interesting to hear from Suzuka's perspective, and Weiss was a bit more open to such thoughts in general right now - possibly also because of the alcohol she had ingested this evening. It made it... easier to let the mind wander.
"Past actions can easily define an entire life. I am no stranger to that." Weiss said after Suzuka's small story and explanation. Small amounts of love... Like for family, in a non-romantic fashion? Sadly, the Nanaya had also never felt that before. So they were what kept this woman goi9ng - just what exactly kept Weiss herself going? She didn't know. Her life was simply going through trained motions and reactions, independant thought wasn't something you learned as an assassin.

"Sometimes, the past follows you even to the next life, as it did for me. If you can change when you are still human, then I think that is a good sign. I assume it is better than being stuck in the kind of person you started out as..." She wondered while saying that - could she change as well? Away from just killing and surviving? No, that was impossible. An assassin was a tool to be used, not a person - she was like a hidden knife, or a tube of poison without taste. You used her to kill, then renounced ever having seen her. That's the way it should be.

Something different happened in the bar now, too. On a distant table, a rather heated arguments between mutliple men seemed to get more tense with the second. Weiss paid that no mind - at least until bottles started flying as two of the men were apparently erupting their argument into a full-on bar brawl. One bottle flew straight for Suzuka, but it turned out that Weiss was a bit faster than it - because she slid off her bar chair, spun around, and cleanly cut the bottle in two before resheathing her rapier. The halves of the bottle, which had been cut vertically, plunked to the ground without hurting anyone. And that, oddly enough, marked the first time of Weiss actually protecting someone. Even if it had only been from a thrown, half-full beer bottle.
"How barbaric and stupid..." The woman in white couldn't help but facepalm a bit at the two brutes going at each other in the bar now.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:14 am

"Yeah... Not really a stranger to it either..." Suzuka giggled at the thought, even though the memory troubled her. She took the order of a young couple who came into enjoy the bar and went back over to the white haired woman. She listened a bit and then something caught her attention. When she spoke out about it, Suzuka began to speak lower, not knowing if the woman wanted that information casually heard. Suzuka actually leaned over the counter a bit to get a little closer and whispered. "Into the after life? Are you one of them Shini-..." Suzuka's attention was suddenly caught by the men down at the end. Before she could finish her sentence, she turned her head and saw this bottle flying towards her. With natural reflex, Suzuka stood fully and stepped back away from it. Mid step, the bottle was suddenly cut in half and even the liquid inside missed her completely. She glanced over to the white haired woman with wide eyes, at the very last moment to just see her sword enter the sheath. "... Wow." Suzuka said as the bar fell silent for a moment and looked to the white hared woman as well. Suzuka didn't think she'd like this type of attention, so she immediately grabbed a wet cloth from the sink and slung it over to the men who acted like they were about to get right back into fighting. "You idiots!!!" Suzuka yelled at both of them, everyone's attention then shifting to her, "You're regulars here! You know the fucking rules! Watch your selves or get out!!" She received a stuttering apology from the two men and they quickly sat back down.

"God... Savages." Suzuka said with a sigh as she turned back to the white haired woman, "Thanks for the save, by the way. Seems you're pretty good with that thing, but yeah... I was asking something... What was it?" Suzuka glanced off while she began washing a glass. They had been talking about something! Oh, right! "Ah! Yeah." Suzuka leaned in and spoke quietly again, "Are you one of those Shinigami people? Ya know, the one's that come from that other world and kill those Shallows that come around?" Suzuka asked seriously, unaware that she had gotten a couple things a little off. She knew some stuff about them, but not too much.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:41 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

Suzuka was right about one thing, she certainly didn't like being the center of attention. Thankfully, the young woman was fast-thinking and quickly brought everyones attention to the idiots that had started the fight, while Weiss just sat back down onto her bar stool. She had not been expecting any usage of her blade in here - least of all, against a flying bottle. Still, it was good to know that her reaction times didn't falter too much under the influence of alcohol. Suddenly jumping up and swinging her blade around had caused her to get a little bit dizzy, though, as her body tried to adjust to the slight loss of balance and control induced by the drinks. After taking a deep breath, she answered the next question asked by Suzuka with a slight nod and some words.

"A Shinigami, yes. But, not quite as you might expect. Almost all Shinigami come from 'Soul Society'. It is the closest thing to an afterlife that has been proven to exist. However, I was never taken there myself." Taking another sip from her drink, Weiss paused for a short moment. "Before I died, I was... different. My soul was stronger than normal. So before I lost my heart, I pulled out my sword... my Zanpakutō. I became a Shinigami from my own power, not through training. Had I failed with doing that, I'd be one of the monsters the Shinigami hunt down - a Hollow. Creatures without a heart. They devour souls, and sometimes attack humans." The woman in white gave a side glance to Suzuka again. "Since you can see me, you could see them coming. But most people wouldn't. They're easy prey for them. You could probably even fight them... if you know how to fight, that is. In savagery, a Hollow beats even your drunken bar patrons by a mile. Most lack any form of intelligence, but those that are intelligent can be highly dangerous. So I mostly avoid them, and let the 'proper' Shinigami take care of them." After all, Weiss was far from a hero. She'd only kill a Hollow if it was her current mission. Furthermore, herself and a Hollow had quite a few things in common... Sure, Weiss still had her heart, but a frozen, cold and nearly dead heart wasn't that much better than no heart at all. It saved her from hungering for souls to eat, but it didn't fill the void of missing emotions on it's own.
"I'd suggest for you to do the same, if you ever spot any. They're hard to miss, especially with the white masks covering the face of the human soul they once were. There is no need to be a hero when Shinigami actively hunt them down." With that advice, the assassin finished her current drink once again. "Unless you feel compelled to remove them out of sheer principle. I knew a few people like that once, that would kill the otherworldly out of instinct or desire. Have you ever felt like something just 'needs' to be destroyed? If so, then you know how they feel about anything otherworldly. I assume by now that would include myself as well."
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:13 pm

"Never taken there, huh?" Suzuka repeated out of curiosity. She listened to what the woman was surprisingly telling her, and thought to herself about the story. Well, you couldn't exactly call what this woman was saying a 'story', could you? It was her history. Someone like her, Suzuka didn't think would be so willing to share such sensitive details of her past. It was shocking and slightly flattering that the woman spoke out so casually about herself. "I can?" Suzuka blinked a couple times. She couldn't remember ever seeing a hollow or any other 'strange' entities like that. Maybe this was a newly developed ability of hers? It happened to many people, so maybe she will run into them more often now that she can apparently see them? That was a frightening thought; there were monsters around that she once could not see and will likely be coming into contact with soon. "Fighting isn't my thing... I have no training like that. Will I need some? I mean... If these things come around, shouldn't I know how to fight?" Suzuka looked down to her hands, trembling slightly. Why was this effecting her so much? She had never seen one before and she didn't know this woman well at all. What if she was lying? What if all of these things were just random talking two women did at the bar? Did it mean anything? Question after question flooding Suzuka's racing mind until she shook her head, trying to rid herself of the troublesome thoughts. The white haired woman confirmed her suspicions just by talking for a few more moments. "I'll likely do that..." she said in reply to the suggestion on avoiding the hollow. She glanced away, thinking for a moment, and then sighed.

"When I came to work today, this was not what I was expecting. Now I feel like I need to be careful just going home... It's kinda scary." Suzuka sighed and brought a bar stool over to her side. She sat down across from the white haired woman and then realized something. She looked up to her with a content expression, sorta bland. "So, I'm Suzuka Himura. I obviously work here and yeah... You've told me a lot more about yourself than I expected." Suzuka said with a short chuckle following the statement, "Do you mind if I ask your name? It's alright if you want your privacy, but I'd like to know. It's not every day I meet someone like you, ya know... A shinigami." She said, whispering the final word for obvious reasons. She set her elbow on the bar and leaned her chin on it, keeping a soft, but worried smile on her face as she thought about the trip home in thirty minutes. Sure, her shift at the bar wasn't exactly long, but she had been working the other stands and area's of Anseijima all day. She needed a break sometime, and unfortunately that time was coming.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

"I see no harm in talking about the past. It has little relevance to the here and now for me." With those words, Weiss pushed away her glass from herself on the bar, deciding that she had enough for now. No need to fully knock herself out, that'd just ruin her next day with a bad hangover. Amongst the things she had never experienced before during life or death, a hangover was on the list of things she also didn't want to experience, for obvious reasons. Besides general dislike for pain - at least that had remained from the human she once was - she also couldn't afford a 'bad day' when tasked with yet another murder later on. A single bad day could easily mean the difference between a paycheck and a second, final death. The sweet, cold embrace of eternity was not one that Weiss was ready to risk just yet.

"My name is Weiss. Weiss Nanaya." It still felt odd - to give a full name. Until her death, Weiss had never earned the 'right' to call herself a Nanaya - she simply took the name after death, deciding that she had been the strongest of all the clan, since she had beaten death itself by returning with all of her memories intact, and an even greater power than before in her hands. It was difficult, but not impossible, to notice that in her speech - the cold, almost emotionless voice trembled a little when she said the word 'Nanaya'. Why? Was it guilt, or some remnants of the old hatred she had for the clan? After all, no assassin in their right mind would like their clan. Most assassins weren't in their right mind, and so they outright loved their clans and lived for them. Maybe calling herself 'Nanaya' was also a form of revenge for Weiss, even if she didn't realize it.
"It is not surprising that you haven't met one of my kind before, actually. As far as I am aware, the 'Gotei 13' of the Soul Society assigns a single Shinigami to each area that requires protection, sometimes a few more. The ratio of human to Shinigami is very uneven, so it is highly unlikely to ever meet them." Spoken like a true cold assassin that only knew her teacher's words, but those were the best thing Weiss had. The white-haired woman had never asked a Shinigami before about wether or not those assumptions of the clan had been true. In fact, she didn't even know how they'd react to one of their own that existed outside of their Gotei 13.
"If you want to, I could tell you some more on defense against the Hollow creatures. However, know this: They are drawn towards 'strong souls'." With a swift hand motion, she pointed at herself and then at Suzuka. "My soul is filled with more energy than that of a normal human, but I know how to mask it. Your soul is also stronger, or you wouldn't be able to see me. The talent of masking the own energy can help evade them, while learning how to control your soul's power makes you able to combat them. But in learning how to combat them, your soul grows stronger - and is more likely to draw them in. How you want to approach it is your decision."
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm

"A beautiful name..." Suzuka said in reply, looking curiously at Weiss in question of the way she said her own last name. The tremble within her voice made Suzuka think she was maybe lying about her name. Oh well, it wasn't her right to ask and pry into her customers lives, no. Instead, she accepted what she assumed to be some sort of lie and moved on. "So that's how they do it, eh?" Suzuka mumbled a little and glanced away, "I always thought there would be thousands of them out there, just hiding in fear of discrimination of some sort... I haven't heard of anyone actually talking bad about them, but I don't think they're easily accepted by people once their identity is revealed. It's kinda sad..." A moment later, the clock struck into her final hour and she stretched by raising her arms and leaning back. Letting out a relieved breath, Suzuka stood up straight and turned towards the back. "My shift is over, I'm gonna go get out of my uniform." she said, waving to Weiss and then making her way back. It only took her five minutes to change. She cleaned up and brushed her hair back a bit before walking back out into the bar. "Alright... Time to head home everyone!" Suzuka said with a cheerful tone and waved. Many of them waved back, other's told her to be safe. She nodded and made her way out from behind the bar and stepped over to Weiss with a soft smile.

"I'm gonna be a little freaked out heading home... If these things are out there, I won't even know how to defend myself... I'll probably just end up running away..." she said in a nervous tone. She was obviously hoping for some sort of offer to be walked home, but it's not a big deal if she didn't get it. "If you want to, I could tell you some more on defense against the Hollow creatures. However, know this: They are drawn towards 'strong souls'. My soul is filled with more energy than that of a normal human, but I know how to mask it. Your soul is also stronger, or you wouldn't be able to see me. The talent of masking the own energy can help evade them, while learning how to control your soul's power makes you able to combat them. But in learning how to combat them, your soul grows stronger - and is more likely to draw them in. How you want to approach it is your decision." Suzuka blinked a few times and then took in a deep breath after taking all of that in. Now she really didn't know what to do. She was now a target for monsters and wanted to learn to defend herself, but if she did she would grow even stronger and draw them in more. Would it be worth it to learn and become stronger? Would it put her in more or less danger? One thing she did know, if she had no way at all of defending herself, her chances were not so great. She had to learn something, but how? And from who? "W-Well I'm gonna head home, so I'll see you around..." she said and turned away, stepping out of the bar and beginning her way towards the exit of Anseijima.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

Well, apparently, talking about things that could easily kill you disturbed and frightened normal people. Weiss had no idea about that, but slowly, she realized that her words had been unnerving for Suzuka. But they were the truth - Hollows loved to devour strong souls. Karakura was a spiritually active town unlike others - you'd probably see triple the usual Hollow activity here as compared to, say, New York. Weiss didn't know why, but that was simply how the world worked. In her training, she had learned to accept these things at face value when told to her by the clan - but now, the clan was dead. There was no way of knowing if their teachings were 100% accurate, or falsified to make her a better killer. Still, did that matter at all? She was still a killer now, so at least the teachings were not lost on her. To slaughter her target with utmost precision, before moving on to the next... that was her life. Yet still, she was sitting here in a bar, slightly drunk, and was actively thinking about another person that wasn't her target.
"I guess I never was a true Nanaya after all." mumbling words that wouldn't make sense to many people, her eyes wandered to the exit that Suzuka had left through. Should Weiss follow her? Maybe, but she didn't know what good that'd do. She wasn't exactly the best person at reassuring someone, and an outright demonstration of how to kill a Hollow seemed like the last thing this girl would want to see, at least as far as Weiss could tell. Her ability to read people properly wasn't exactly good, she only knew basic emotions such as fear, surprise, anger and relaxation, the ones that could help an assassin assess a situation. Still, sitting here and contemplating wouldn't help anyone either. Without making so much as a noise, Weiss disappeared from her chair - only a slight bit of wind and an emtpy glass remained of her in the bar.

As Suzuka was about to reach the exit of the resort, Weiss followed - without making any sound, like a true predator of the night. The fact that she was actually walking on thin air, slightly above ground, certainly helped with that. While sneaking up on someone that you want to help wasn't exactly the best idea, the Nanaya wasn't known for having social skills. And so, she didn't say a word at first, simply following and observing Suzuka. Maybe... Just maybe, Weiss could be of a little help in this one case. It certainly wouldn't hurt her, and maybe then these pesky emotions inside of her would calm down and be controled again, as they should be.
"Suzuka, I can make you an offer. The same way I hide my presence, I can teach you how to hide yours, I think. Even if you decide that you wish to learn how to fight, the ability to hide your strength is a great asset." Simply blurting that out, Weiss landed on the ground behind Suzuka, her arms crossed in front of her chest. The silvery eyes and white hair of Weiss made an even greater impression against the starlight of the night - together with her dress, she seemed to glow slightly in the light, like a true ethereal ghost - and if you got right down to it, that was exactly what Weiss was.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:24 am

Suzuka left the bar and began heading to the northern exit of Anseijima. She was alert as hell, at least to her skill level. Any time something made a noise she wasn't used to hearing, she turned to look at it. Suzuka was jumpy, Weiss' words getting to her rather easily. As she walked on, she hoped that she'd hear Weiss' voice call out to her. She wanted someone to walk with her, to make sure she got home okay. It was moments like this that she realized how much more she had messed up her life. Excluding the people at work, she had no friend, no partner, no family to help her in these types of situation. There was no one she could call on, so she continued on her way. Suzuka was gripping her bag tighter than ever, almost hurting her hand in the process. As she moved farther away from the bar, things became quieter. It was night after all and Anseijima wasn't exactly really loud at this time. She was getting closer to the exit and knew that she'd be out in public soon. As she saw the exit coming into view, she felt like something was watching her, but what? She was just about to turn around and look when there was a sudden interruption in the silence.

"Suzuka, I can make you an offer." was said and Suzuka jumped in shock. "Ahh!" she let out a short scream and took a few instinctual steps forward before falling to a knee. Looking back with wide, fear filled eyes, Suzka saw that it was Weiss and turned around, falling into a sitting position. "The same way I hide my presence, I can teach you how to hide yours, I think. Even if you decide that you wish to learn how to fight, the ability to hide your strength is a great asset." the white haired beauty finished what she was saying. "Y-You can teach me that?" Suzuka hesitated her speech to regain her composure and catch her breath. She quick stood up and dusted herself off. "That sounds good... Okay..." Suzuka took in a deep breath and calmed herself down, "When do you wanna get started? I can't do any training during my work hours, but well.. I don't know. I guess it's all up to you." Suzuka was ready to get started. After finding out she was now a target of monsters, wasting any time learning to defend herself or even hide herself, as Weiss seemed to put it, was not an option. "Do you have a house nearby?" she asked, wondering where the woman lived. Suzuka felt a lot better knowing Weiss was next to her. She was used to walking home, but not while knowing she could be attacked and killed by some sort of monster at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Weiss was a bit surprised that she startled Suzuka so easily, oblivious to the fact that people generally didn't like it when trained killers snuck up behind them. Or anyone, really, as Suzuka didn't know that Weiss was a killer just yet. Sooner or later, the beans would get spilled... and probably, it would be unintentionally. Things always had a penchant for working out in such a way. So the assassin just blinked, a bit surprised, before slowly floating down to the ground next to Suzuka. So the young woman took the offer, just as Weiss had expected her to. The next question, though...

If this was still the time of the Nanaya Clan, then Weiss wouldn't have been able to answer. But this was no longer a time in which the clan mattered. The manor - or what was left of it - belonged to her alone now. And inviting someone over to train them was something she could do now. Weiss never realized it until this moment, but such freedom felt really... good. Maybe it were the drinks that even allowed such thoughts, but they weren't bad at all.
"I do not have a set shedule for my days... As such, the training can start whenever you feel like it is time to learn." The cold-hearted killer crossed her arms in front of her chest again, closing both eyes for a short moment while making a describtion of the way for Suzuka within her mind. Since Weiss herself could simply walk through the air and glide over obstacles, she never really thought about such a way to the old manor until now. Although 'manor' was the wrong word - more like 'oversized secret compound'. But only the manor was still standing and functional from all of it.

"As for the location... or house. I assume you've never heard of the Nanaya residence, so I'll describe the way. It is not hard to find, as long as you know what you're looking for." She then explained. "Harigari street ends right after it enters Karakura Forest, as you may know. If you go to the place where it ends, you'll find a small foresting path going deeper. Following that, you'll find a secondary path split from it towards the left. Following that one will eventually lead you to the gates of the Nanaya residence. it is quite a ways into the forest, so I recommend a motorized way of travel, or a bycicle. The way is wide enough for a small car to fit through easily." Describing the full way, Weiss sounded quite like a navigational device, without much emphasis behind anything. Still, her face wasn't completely emotionless right now - just some slight muscle changes in her face made her seem somewhat enthusiastic or even happy about having a student. These muscle movements would be called a 'smile' by normal people, while the trained killer just wondered what made her do such a bizzare action with her face.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:37 am

"I do not have a set shedule for my days... As such, the training can start whenever you feel like it is time to learn."

Suzuka pulled out her cell phone and went to the calendar. She had Saturday and Sunday off, so they could start then, if Weiss was okay with that of course. It was currently Thursday, so a single day in between wouldn't have been bad, right? It was odd for her to ask for this sort of help from someone she only just met. She knew little to nothing about this woman, so why was she willing to risk going along with her training? It wasn't like she had much else to do. Suzuka looked up from her phone to Weiss again. "I have Saturday and Sunday off, so if you don't mind, we can start then..." Suzuka stated. Once she got confirmation, she'd put it down on her schedule in her phone. "No... I'm sorry, I haven't heard of it." she said and opened up another app on her phone since Weiss was going to give her directions. She listened to what Weiss said and wrote everything she was explaining down. Once she finished, she saved it in her phone. "Alright, I've got that down. Is there a certain time you'd like me to be there?" Suzuka asked and then followed up with a question after the first would be answered, "And since it's training, are there certain types of clothes I should wear? I know I'm not going to show up in a skirt and high heels, but do I just need sneakers or boots? And for clothing, should I be in sweat pants or some sort of military type stuff with more durable fabric?" Suzuka was going back to movies she had seen. People who trained for martial arts were in uniforms, people who trained for all out combat usually wore something more tough looking, while others who were just really exercising usually wore things they were okay with sweating in.

Suzuka had no idea what was ahead of her, but as she thought back to a moment in the bar where Weiss had so perfectly used a sword to protect her from a flying bottle, her stomach dropped. Was Weiss a Ninja? It made her think of those really old movies where people were fighting each other so brutally. Could she even handle what she just asked for? Getting off that subject before her stomach would explode from the nervousness, Suzuka realized what time it was. "I need to get home. I have a short shift tomorrow and then I'll get ready to meet you on Saturday..." she said with a nervous smile. She didn't know whether Weiss would come along, but she did continue turning away and walking off toward her home. She was a few blocks away, so it'd take maybe ten minutes to get there. Now, she had training on her mind and was curious as to what the hell she just got herself into. Oh well, in the long run, if she could actually do it, it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 pm

[Weiss Nanaya]

"Saturday and Sunday are both fine. Try to wear clothes that won't make too much sound when moving around... The art you'll learn requires quiet movement as much as a quiet soul." Really, Weiss was somewhat impressed by the fact that Suzuka was a bit knowledgeable. She didn't know why, but the girl had the right idea about clothes for training. If she had actual plans to teach Suzuka the killing and fighting techniques of assassins, in addition to stealth, she'd suggest light body armor - but there was no need to teach a normal human girl such practices. Maybe some light martial arts, but that was about it. If Suzuka asked for actual combat training later... Well, agreement or disagreement from Weiss would then depend on how well Suzuka turned out as a student. The Nanaya wouldn't have patience for a bad or whiny student, that much was for sure.

Really, it was a bit uncanny of how close Suzuka got with her assessment of what Weiss was. A Ninja was more skilled in infiltration, seduction and information gathering - assassins were the better killers, but neither were necessarily the best fighters against an evenly matched or superior foe. The woman in white still had her arms crossed underneath her chest, and had the same blank expression towards Suzuka's smile as always. Like a figure of porcelain.
"We will meet again on Saturday, then. There are no Hollows about currently, it seems, so I will take my leave." said Weiss, nodding one last time as Suzuka walked off towards her home. The Shinigami disappeared from where she stood like a fresh breeze, using Shunpo to disappear up over the walls around the Resort. Hiding her presence once more, Weiss actually followed Suzuka, dashing from rooftop to rooftop with supernatural grace. Mostly to analyze her movements right now, in a 'relaxed' environment, partially also to really make sure her 'student' made it home safely. Despite her earlier words, she didn't quite think that Karakura was an especially safe place to be in as a spiritually aware human - but no place was truly secure for anyone. The world was a brutal and uncaring place... And Weiss was an uncaring and brutal woman, wasn't she? Really, the assassin wasn't too sure about it anymore. With a clearer head that was still trying to make sense of tonight, she dashed through the night sky towards the forest in which her ruined manor stood. But not without actually stopping by at the path she had described earlier, and taking out some of the plants that had nearly made the path impossible to find. It wasn't exactly a difficult task, especially with her sharp blade, to clear the way - Suzuka wasn't, at least to Weiss' knowledge, a good tracker and wayfinder, so some help to actually find the old compound wasn't a bad choice. Saturday would then show if Suzuka had what it took to learn the first steps in becoming a spirit assassin...

[Thread End]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]   Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold Drinks, Cold Souls [Closed]
Page 1 of 1